As we all navigate the uncertain times in our community, we want to give you an update to our response to COVID-19. Many of you have asked questions that we have taken into consideration when making vital decisions to your health and the way we provide healthcare services to you. We are focused on minimal disruption to your care, and want to give you and your healthcare provider the opportunity to determine what is best for you. Here is what we are implementing at Santa Barbara Cardiovascular Medical Group, Inc.
We are committed to your care, and are providing the following options to you:
- You may take advantage of our telemedicine visits. “Telehealth, telemedicine, and related terms generally refer to the exchange of medical information from one site to another through electronic communication to improve a patient’s health.” Simply request a telemedicine visit to see if you are eligible, and our physician will call you at your designated appointment time
- We strongly recommend telehealth visitation but if you would like to schedule an in person office visit, please make sure that:
- you or anyone in the household have not had a fever within the past 14 days?
- you or anyone in the household have not experienced a recent onset of respiratory problems, such as cough, shortness of breath within the past 14 days?
- No one in your family has traveled to a foreign country with documented COVID-19 transmission in the past 14 days?
- You or any member of your family have not come in to contact with a patient with confirmed COVID-19 infection within the past 14 days?
Any established patient who comes in for an office visit can use their car as their own waiting room. We want you to feel comfortable. We will call you on your cell phone when we are ready to have you see the doctor.
As a reminder, whether you choose an in office visit or a telemedicine visit, you will be required to pay your copay, deductible or coinsurance at the time of service.
Lastly, we want to let you know we have followed all CDC recommendations on sanitizing our office-protecting you and our valued team members.
We want to ensure you have been informed of your options to continue your healthcare. We value you and are honored you have allowed us to continue to serve you.
Best health and safety,
Santa Barbara Cardiovascular Medical Group, Inc.